This is a prototype only
Go here for the real version of the ABN lookup servcie.
The ABN Lookup web services allow you to integrate ABN Lookup validation and data into your own applications. There are many uses for the web services, including:
- ABN validation and pre-fill on forms
- Keeping ABN details stored in your database up-to-date
Access to the ABN Lookup web services is free of charge.
The web services provide a number of search options that are not available through the ABN Lookup website. For example, through the web services you can:
- Request a list of ABNs for a selected postcode with optional filters such as date updated, date registered, etc.
- Control how many matching names are returned by the name search.
- Create advanced name search queries to better control search results
Important: We recommend that you avoid use of trading names as these have not been updated since 2012 and will be retired in 2018.
The following answers to common questions will help you to understand whether the ABN Lookup web services will meet your needs.
Can I update my ABN details using the ABN Lookup web services?
No, you cannot update your ABN details or apply for an ABN using the ABN Lookup web services. For more information, see:
Information and resources
For more information about the ABN Lookup web services, see:
- Schema (18 KB ZIP) for a definition of the data returned by the web services. Note: The root document is abrPublicPayloadSearchResults.xsd
- Sample code for a number of different languages and platforms including Visual Basic, C#, Java, php, Python, Microsoft Access and Excel.
Service description (WSDL)
The Web services Description Language (WSDL) is a language for describing web services and how to access them.
The ABN Lookup WSDL and test pages can be found at:
Keep in touch
We use your contact details to keep you informed of new features and planned outages for the ABN Lookup web services. Please contact us and provide your GUID and new contact details to help us keep in touch.