Things we are currently working on:
- Reusing the data definitions of others: Enable producers to search and link to data definitions used by other agencies on their APIs.
- Contemporary API documentation: Offer rich and interactive forms of documenting APIs, including syntax highlighting, generated diagrams and interactivity
- +1 / -1 Feedback: Allowing consumers to indicate if they've found a page helpful, and to show the aggregate rating.
- Protect sensitive information: Enable G2G API authors to hide sensitive information about their APIs from unauthorised users, such as URLs
Things we will be working on in the future:
- Include DTA's Notify and Tell-Us-Once: Offer the first G2G apis on the platform.
- Self service content authoring: Allow content owners to create, edit and publish without assistance from the API.GOV.AU team
- Seed the platform with ABN Lookup: ABN Lookup is a very large and popular service, which will help grow awareness of the platform to existing government API consumers.
- Onboard more agencies: Attract more agencies, and then their consumers
Things we might be working on in the long term:
- Detailed feedback loops: Enable consumers to provide detailed feedback, which will be incorporated into the WofG API playbook.
- Reusable API Key Management: Allow consumers to register for a single API key that can be used for multiple government APIs with similar security and privacy requirements.
- Ongoing DTA Guest Blog Posts: Build awareness of the platform, and it's evolution from SBR.